WordPress Site

Overview

Your first big assignment for this class is to set up your own WordPress domain which you will maintain for the duration of the semester. This site is where all major assignments will be submitted. You will also contribute regular blog posts focusing on class related topics.  

Prompt

Students will create a WordPress portfolio/blog site that will also serve as a platform for demonstrating learning objectives. This site can also be used later as a professional work portfolio. I recommend Reclaim Hosting which offers a yearly student plan for $30.  

Format

Here are some things to note:  

• This is a required assignment; it is not optional
  • You MUST create a WordPress site, but you may use the free version or Reclaim Hosting
  • Although you are not required to use your own name, you should create a professional title for your site
  • Your theme should have a clean, professional look
  • Your site should be made public so that all members of our cohort can access it
  • When you submit an assignment, whether it be a blog or a larger item, you should tag it appropriately  
  • Submission

After you have created your WordPress site, you should email me (crstice@alaska.edu) so that I can add your site’s URL to our cohort list.

*Please note there is no hashtag for this assignment.  

• Rubric

Download (PDF, 65KB)