Week 3 – Resume and Job-application letter

Kenneth Bradley Resume Review

Kenneth Bradley resume seems pieced together. When I read through Kenneth’s resume the first time I found myself having to read some sentences over again to make sense of what he was saying. It seemed like Kenneth was in a rush when putting this resume together and did not proof read his work.

What first caught my attention was “interested in staying with the company until after graduation’. The way this sentenced is worded makes me believe that he does not plan to stay with the company long term. The employment section is not listed correctly. Kenneth’s present job is listed between two of his older employment history. The resume also appears to be pretty short. The details of his job history could have been a little more in depth and skills should have been listed. What type of education is Mr. Bradley seeking? In the Markel textbook it highlighted on having a strong education section in a resume to compensate for the lack of job experience when applying for a position.

Kenneth Bradley Job-application Review

The job-application letter was better. Mr. Bradley was more detailed in his job experience and education. The letter was a little too long and some of the information he provided in the letter could have been taken out and included in the resume. I did notice the lack of key terms that Markel suggests for the applicant to use, so the resume and cover letter stand out from others. The part I liked the best, and I think stood out the most in the letter was the second paragraph. Kenneth used his education and job experience to state his qualifications for the CAM Technician position.

Overall, I believe Kenneth Bradley did okay with his resume and job-application letter. It would not disqualify him for the position but would not make him stand out from the rest of the applicants.

Leave a Reply