Week 14 prompt on Paper #4

Hi everyone,

Can you believe this is the final forum post for this class? I’m always pretty anxious when December hits because I know finals and the end of the semester are right around the corner…

My RISE proposal is going well. I feel confident with my project summary and I’m comfortable with what I have completed so far, even though this is the first proposal I’ve put together. Here are my challenges as of today, that I hope to iron out this weekend:

-amount requested

-budget

-budget justification

-adding more information to each of my sources for my literature review

I’m uncomfortable with budgets and estimating dollar amounts. Especially when it comes to thousands of dollars of budgeting. I feel like I’m lowballing the amount of money I’m requesting but I want to be as practical as possible. Also, a lot of the sources in my literature review is from research from the lower 48 states. I want my proposal to be as specific to Alaska as possible, in terms of practicality and costs.

I have not started my presentation but have written out an outline of how to piece it together and my overall vision for it. I hope to try my hand at Prezi (any suggestions or tips?). I would be happy to hear what others are planning to use as a presentation platform.

Leave a Reply